Most Popular Ramen



Before eating authentic Japanese ramen, I ate these. They were in everyone's house and like many people, it got me through tough times when I was a poor college student. I've read the name of this brand since childhood, so I know it was Manchuran, not Maruchan.

When I first saw this new brand name a few days ago, I thought, "Have I been reading it wrong all this time? Nah!" I study Japanese and "Maruchan" reminds me of something like "little circle". I know I would have picked up on that immediately. Plus, I was a nerdy kid who read the dictionary for fun just to learn new words, so I paid close attention to the spelling of words of every logo and brand name I saw. It's not just me.People do remember Manchuran.


                       Mr. Andrew N. in his Yelp! review remembers "Manchuran". 



           This fitness site lists the nutritional info for Manchuran Ramen Noodles.


This quiz asks your favorite brand of ramen noodle. "Maruchan" wasn't a choice, but "Manchuran" was.




                                   This person wrote a song about it.  


                                         

                               People on Twitter remember Manchuran                                        





                                                    The list goes on.



 


This person from Bear Tales remembers "Manchuran", but the ME gods changed the name on the pack.


                                

 I think I'll go eat some ramen noodles now.

Comments