George Michaels - Case of the Missing "S"

Most people began to notice the Mandela Effect around 2015 or so, but how long has it really been going on? I've been a fan of George since the my cousin brought home a 45 of "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" in 1984. 

After Wham! broke up, I continued listening to George's solo work into the 90s and I even had a resurgence of George mania in the 2000s, listening to his compilation album Ladies and Gentleman on a regular basis for months. When did the "s" vanish from his last name?

Only after he died did people on the internet start mentioning this M.E. and for me, it was like, "Holy shit!" How had I not noticed a change in the name of someone who had been such a significant part of my life? I guess in the age of CDs and later MP3s, I was no longer staring at album covers the way we used to do with vinyl. Too busy listening to the music, this one slipped right by me.




























What's also interesting is that my mom was a huge sports fan and many nights, I got stuck watching George Michaels Sports Machine with a host who had the exact same name. He is now "George Michael" as well. 











             How long have these small changes been going on? Who's name is next.

Comments

  1. I'm absolutely 100% certain it was "George Michael" (the singer), without an "S". This is a clear case of the Mandela Effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wim Van der Straeten, would you mind sharing your age? Maybe in your lifetime it was always without an "s".

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We are the same age. It's so weird that we remember two different things. The Mandela Effect is truly mind-boggling! Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment