It Used to Be Parmasean

In this reality, it's Parmesan cheese

I knew I wasn't crazy! In the last few years, I've been having trouble spelling the name of one of my favorite cheeses. Like many other times, I thought that I was just forgetting how to spell a word that I didn't have to write very often. Either that or maybe I was becoming senile as I inched closer to middle age.

Each time, I went with the auto-corrected version, "parmesan", but something looked off. I now recall that this was one of those spellings that I had to drill into my head because it wasn't spelled the way it sounded. There was that extra "e" in the awkward-looking "parmasean".

Finally, I was like, "Duh! This is probably a Mandela Effect." I turned out to be right. Glad that senility wasn't involved.














If I had kids, I wouldn't be able to help them with their spelling tests at this point!

Comments