Let's Go!


This is one ME that slipped by me for a long time. I spent most of my adult life in NYC riding the subway, so I rarely rode in vehicles on the street. I only noticed traffic lights when I had to see when I could cross the street and avoid getting hit by a car (again).

I didn't notice that the colors on stop lights were reversed until someone pointed it out on an ME video on YouTube. There was a time when the green light was on top. 

I remember riding in my uncle's car when I was little and paying close attention the traffic lights and when they changed. I loved cars at that age and I wanted to be a truck driver when I grew up. 

The order made logical sense to me. Green on top for go, then yellow to slow down, then stop on red. There was a chronology to it. Now, I have no idea why the green light would be on the bottom. 

It probably sounds nuts to most people when we say that the green light used to be on top, but I've found a little residue to show that we are not mistaken! 











                                                           Let's Go
 


Comments