Mel's Mandela Recall Part 2


When I got my first Berenstein Bears book, I was 4 years old and I couldn't read yet. My mom ordered my books from several book clubs and when The Berenstein Bears' New Baby arrived, she read the title out loud. She then paused and said, "Is it BerenSTEEN or BerenSTINE?"

These books now say "Berenstain".  That's not what they said 30-something years ago. There's no way she mistook an "a" for an "e". Once I learned to read, I read those books and so did my friends and cousins. No one read "stain".  This was my first introduction to ME  and it still freaks me out.  I have no explanation for it.  The Twilight Zone is real!

Comments

  1. I come from where you do. We aren't from here. This is not our world. It has taken me along time to figure out but for me the change is somewhere around 1998-2000. So needless to say I'm a kit Kat with the dash person. Most of the people here are kit Kat without the dash type people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment