Christopher Reeves - Case of the missing "S"


After watching a super awesome (pun intended) ME residue video by MoneyBags73, I decided to finish my post about Christopher Reeves, which got lost in the list of ME things I wanted to post about. In the video, we see Reeves' original Superman costume with a faded label that still bears his name. If says "Reeves", not "Reeve".



Another personal ME for me because Superman was the first movie I saw in a theater at the age of five and I continued watching the sequels well into the 80s. Christopher Reeves was very popular back then, so you saw and heard his name mentioned all the time.

In addition to him, I was surprised to learn that in the 50s television show, Superman was played by George Reeves, who had the exact same last name. For the longest, I thought that he and Christopher were father and son or something. When did Christopher loose his "S"?

It's strange that George is still "Reeves", while Christopher became "Reeve", unlike the two guys named "George Michaels" (the singer and the sports guy), who both became "Michael". 

                                                         Without further ado, Mr. Reeves.



PDF copy available on The Famous People website


















Comments

  1. This is interesting. Personally I remember his name as "Reeve", without an "s".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment