Lady Liberty - Which Hand Holds the Torch?





This is one ME I'm not sure of, but it was brought to my attention that some people remember The Statue of Liberty holding her torch in her left hand.

Since I lived in NYC for 15 years, you'd think I'd know this, but of course, when you live in a place, you're not out doing touristy things. Although, I'm unsure about this, the left hand seems right to me. 

I found one pic with the torch in the left hand. Maybe it's mirrored. Who knows?


The only other left-handed pics I found were animated, but you'd think they'd want to be accurate when depicting our national symbol. Are these animators remembering the statue from a previous reality?










Some of the above are screenshots from Mandela Effect:VIDEO EVIDENCE !!! Statue of Liberty Left or Right Hand Torch by NoblenessDee.

Comments

  1. I remember her holding the torch in her right hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. according to a classic 80s video, torch was on the right hand
    https://youtu.be/Cv6tuzHUuuk?t=192

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! This is actually one of my favorite songs from back in the day! Of course, with the Mandela Effect, what we see now is not what we may have seen in the past. My BERENSTEIN Bears books from the 70s now say "Berenstain"! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. In the movie Days of Heaven you see a clip of a movie of Charlie Chaplin, with the torch in her LEFT hand. Looks like a mirrored image, though the old had a more victorious posture, so it looks different, the new is off to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will have to check out this movie!

      Delete
  4. Well, if there really was a switch in reality, then anyone you ask (in this reality) would tell you they remember the torch in the right arm. For me, I just didn't remember.... It's a pity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was a photo with a reversed negative in the National Archives that was obvious if you looked at characters and numbers on a helicopter in the background. I tried to point it out to them, and especially to people using it in patriotic ads. Most pulled their incorrect copies but some dug in and said it had to be correct since they were using a picture from the National Archives. Some even refused to look at any others pictures to compare them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment