Arctica - Case of the Missing Continent






Another personal ME for me. As a 9-year-old who loved geography, I studied hard to remember all the continents and countries across the globe. There were two that kept confusing me, though. Arctica and Antarctica. I could not remember which one was north and which one was south. But, it doesn't matter now because in this reality, Arctica never existed in my lifetime. 

                   According to this Wikipedia page, Arctica was an ancient continent: 

Arctica or Arctida[1] was an ancient continent which formed approximately 2.565 billion years ago in the Neoarchean era. It was made of Archaean cratons, including the Aldan and Anabar/Angara cratons in Siberia and the Slave, Wyoming, Superior, and North Atlantic cratons in North America.

After trying so hard to remember those continents, one of them vanished. After about 4th grade (1983/1984), I never heard the word Arctica again until recently when someone mentioned it on a Mandela Effect video. Only then did I begin to wonder what had happened to it. It was like the word had been erased from my mind for the last 30 years.  Not many people seem to remember Arctica, but a few of us do.  





                                                Arctica is not on the Maps Anymore

 


                                              Where Has the Continent Arctica Gone?
 

                                                               More references to Arctica:



2nd column, paragraph starting with "Henry". 

 

                                             The Dutch reference Arctica at the North Pole.
 






                          
                             Nowadays, there's either just an ice sheet up north or nothing at all.






According to this search, there is nothing, although people are still asking about Arctica.


                                                              
                                 From Mandela Effect - We moved to a parallel universe!



                                               Where the hell does Santa supposedly live?




                    Mandela effect: Evidence of incomplete timeline change for the Arctica ME

 

                                                                    Do you remember Arctica?

 

Comments

  1. Arctica was confusing to me with Antarctica, because as a kid they seemed similar. I learned there were seven continents, Eurasia was one continent, so according to this timeline, there is only 6 if you combine them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally found an actual map of Arctica and I'm going to make a blog post about it!

      Delete
  2. i do remember arctica being a thing, but i never remember there being 8 continents, antarctica and arctica were collectively referred to as a single continent

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember learning about artica in school in europe it was the north pole where santa and the polar bears were and the south pole antartica was slightly colder and it was where penguins were, although I myself only think that there were 7 continents, maybe some were combined into one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, 7 continents, but somehow Arctica fit in somewhere. I think maybe it was that Arctica wasn't officially a continent because it was just an ice mass with no land underneath or something like that.

      Delete
    2. Hey! just writing to say I remember Arctica. It was at the top of the map when I was in elementary school. I had to study it at the same time I was learning the other continents. Everyone would get Arctica/Antarctica mixed up. I remember the teacher taught us to make a pyramid with the words to remember which is which. Arctica is the smaller word so it would be on top of the pyramid, Antarctica on the bottom. I'm only 24 everyone else that remembers it seems to be older. I just want to understand why I remember this. No one around me does and I feel like I'm going crazy. Thanks for collecting all this information.
      This information needs to get out! I'm sure more people would come out remembering it if this information really was out. This should be on the News and no one cares!!

      Delete
    3. You're welcome! I'm surprised that you remember it being so young! Since my childhood, I never even heard the word "Arctica" again until the Mandela Effect came about. Maybe your soul was here in another time!

      Delete

Post a Comment