Who Shrunk The Taj Mahal?

I just watched a video by Moneybags73 and it prompted me make this post. In this reality, it looks like The Taj Mahal has been shrunken and bleached! It's like the sawed off the building on each side of the entrance!


My memories of this wonder of the world are similar to what other people remember. 

1. The size. The palace stretched out as far as or wider than the pillars in the picture above. The palace isn't looking very grand in the present time.

2. The color. There were gold and blue accents, not this stark white, colorless structure.

I'm not sure, but weren't there two or more other larger domes like the one in the center on each side of the building? 

The engraving below is small, but the palace sure looks a hell of a lot bigger than it does now. 


                                           
                                                                              A little bigger:

On the sides, those look like the other domes I remember.


Although the size of this Lego Taj Mahal is not as big as I remember, the pieces do include blue and gold blocks. 



This drawing by MayFong shows the blue and gold accents that people remember. 



                                            This replica in the U.K. is more the size I remember. 



            The Taj Mahal in the background to the left is definitely bigger than it is today.



                      More old photos show that there definitely used to be a lot more there.

 




It seems as if most pictures of the Taj Mahal the way we remember it have vanished. If I find more, I'll be sure to make another post! Special thanks to Moneybags73 and Unimundi for bringing this to my attention!

Comments