Derango Market Denver





Like Wykoop St. in Denver, this is another street name that just changed overnight. Every day, I ride the train to work and enjoy the view of the city as I head to the airport. One of the things I see several times a week is Derango Market, which became Denargo Market last week.

You could easily say that I was just a bit "dyslexic" and reversed the letters, but as I said a thousand times before, I pay close attention to what I read. I wouldn't have been able to remember words in several languages if I was so scatter-brained and couldn't remember words in my own language.

Anyway, I could only find a little evidence to prove I wasn't batshit crazy and here it is. 

There are businesses listed with the address 214 Derango Market.









When I type in this address, I am suggested 214 DENARGO instead. 


When I type in 214 Denargo, these same businesses come up the current spelling. 

I don't know how to explain this. I've been reading and admiring the red DERANGO Market sign for the last month and a half that I've been riding the train to work. I even did research a few weeks ago because I wanted to know if was an actual market. (It's a former market, which now consists of apartments and retail spaces with much more development in the works.) I certainly didn't type in "Denargo" when I did my search, but as of today, that's the name of the street, and I'm left baffled by the sudden change.

Comments

  1. The r and the n are very similar looking. I think since we rarely see, say or hear Denargo as much as Durango ( automobile name in ads and on the vehicles in the street and even street names ) we might recall Derango when we see Denargo. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The point is we don't say, so we read it. I rode the train past that sign and read it every day. There's no way I just misread it over and over.

      Delete
  2. Definitely a Mandela Effect. You're not crazy or have dementia...You most likely are just transurfing multiple dimensions like alot (and yes, "alot" is another Mandela Effect. In this 'multiverse' it's spelled "a lot" with a space...not the way we used to correctly spell alot.LOL) of us...not everybody has "eyes to see or ears that hear" so ignore people when they try and 'debunk your sanity' or memories. Period.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment